Bathymetric contours for the Gulf of Maine from USGS. These data were created from a DEM which was based on numerous input layers. For complete details, see:
Input data includes:
1. NOAA Hydrographic Survey Data and NGDC Marine Trackline Geophysics Data
2. Naval Oceanographic Office DBDB-V gridded bathymetry
3. Datasets from Bedford Institute of Oceanography and Brookhaven National Laboratory
4. NOAA Medium Resolution Digital Shoreline and DMA World Vector Shoreline
5. Defense Mapping Agency ETOPO5 Digital Relief of the Surface of the Earth
6. GEBCO General Bathymetric Chart of the Oceans
7. USGS North American 30 Arc-Second DEM
BATHYM100 contains bathymetry lines for the Gulf of Maine at a scale of 1:100,000 showing depth in 10 meter intervals. This dataset was developed by the Maine Geological Survey using USGS 30 X 60 minute series topographic-bathymetric maps. Bathymetric contours are coded with depth in meters (10 meter interval mean lower low water datum). Spatial topology varies from good to poor.
This map depicts the land area and municipalities located within the Maine Coastal Zone. It is a product of the Maine Township data layer and as such, retains the Township Layers attributes for reference purposes.