- Title: Surveyed and Opportunistic Sightings of Whales in the Gulf of Maine
GOM_Whales is a shapefile that contains the point locations of surveyed and opportunistic whale sightings in the Gulf of Maine from 2001 to 2009. This data was originally compiled from NOAA whale survey data, commercial whale watch boats, fishermen and other opportunistic sights for the Maine Department of Marine Resources Whale Take Reduction Plan. Attributes in the data layer include date of sighting, species, observed behavior, and source of the sighting.
- Publication Date: Oct. 6, 2009, midnight
- Type: Vector Data
- Keywords: REQUIRED: Common-use word or phrase used to describe the subject of the data set.
- Category: Biology
- Owner: ESummers
- Point of Contact: ESummers
- Restrictions: REQUIRED: Restrictions and legal prerequisites for using the data set after access is granted.
The purpose of the GOM_Whales data layer is to provide information on the spatial and temporal distribution of whales in the Gulf of Maine.
- Language: English
No information provided