- Title: Marine Worm Habitat - Polygon
WORM provides a generalized representation at 1:24,000 scale of commercially harvested marine worm habitat in Maine, based on Maine Department of Marine Resources data from 1970's. Original maps were created by MDMR and published by USF&WS as part of the "Ecological Characteristics of Coastal Maine".
- Publication Date: July 1, 2000, midnight
- Type: Vector Data
- Keywords: biota economy economic resources 24000 oceans marine environment monitoring BIOLOGY fisheries marine biology
- Category: Biology
- Owner: SBarker
- Point of Contact: SBarker
- Restrictions: Users must assume responsibility in determining the usability of this data for their purposes. Digital maps retain the accuracy of their source materials. The best use of data mapped at scales of 1:500,000 and 1:250,000 is in statewide planning and studies; at 1:100,000 in regional planning and studies; at 1:62,500 and 1:24,000 in detailed studies and local planning; and at 1:12,000 and 1:5,000 or larger scales in parcel level studies and detailed local planning. In the use of Maine GIS data, please check sources, scale, accuracy, currentness and other available information. Please confirm that you are using the most recent copy of both data and metadata from the MEGIS Data Catalog. The Maine Office of Geographic Information Systems (MEGIS) provides notice of updates and corrections directly to the Maine GIS Technical Group and Maine GIS Users, through the MEGISTECH and MEGISUSER list servers. To subscribe please contact the MEGIS technical support line at (207) 287-6144. To request data correction in, or provide updates to, Maine GIS data a feedback form is available at http://megis.maine.gov/, or you may contact MEGIS directly. MEGIS is not responsible for local edits to data or metadata. Updates, corrections, and feedback, incorporated in the Maine GIS database are made in accordance with "Data Standards for Maine Geographic Information Systems", 2002, and coordinated by MEGIS in consultation with the Maine GIS Executive Council.
To show a generalized representation of commercially harvested marine worm habitats based on MDMR data from the 1970's.
- Language: English
- Temporal Extent: June 6, 1970 - Oct. 1, 1980
No information provided